Gieves & Hawkes are always looking to add passionate, talented individuals to our team and we value expertise that allows us to offer customers a unique experience.
Whether you are an expert in your chosen field or are looking to embark on a career in luxury fashion, we provide outstanding training, an excellent working environment and the opportunity to reach for your goals.If you are interested in any of the vacancies listed below or want to work for Gieves & Hawkes, please email our HR Department with a covering letter and your CV. Full job descriptions are available on request.
We have an opportunity for a full-time Sales Associate to work in our Birmingham Store.
You will be part of the team representing our luxury brand. You will contribute to meeting sales targets, play your part in ensuring the store runs smoothly and provide world class exceptional customer service.
You will have previous experience in a customer focused environment and ideally experience in a luxury environment. Experience in tailoring and/or luxury menswear will be highly beneficial. You should have a knowledge and enthusiasm for our brand and men’s styling and be sartorially aware. As well as luxury retail and customer service experience, you should have excellent communication skills, be immaculately presented, engaging, committed and with a “can do” attitude. We want people with a real passion for our brand.
Please send your CV and accompanying cover letter explaining why you are the right person for us to email@example.com
Overview of Role
To support the company in achieving KPI targets, service and operational budgets. Encourage strong communication throughout the team, delivering a culture of high level customer service and Clientele management. Act as an ambassador of the brand in line with business goals supporting the overall growth and profitability of the store.
• Support your management team to deliver commercial analysis in order to optimise store stock holding and profitability.
• Ensure each team member is aware of their KPI targets and have individual budgets. Use people management techniques where delivery of objectives isn’t achieved.
• Protect the company’s profit by making sure your team is selling stock at the best margin and retaining low damages.
• Have a good understanding of local market competitors to drive sales gaps in local area and increase profitability.
• Accountable for staff delivery of customer service, providing coaching and feedback to ensure service is in line with company standard.
• Lead by example; install a culture of exceptional customer service, encouraging the team to stretch service boundaries in order to know their customers and develop clients.
• Actively develop internal talent to support in company succession planning.
• Determine the needs of the customer and reward and delight appropriately to encourage loyalty.
• Demonstrate to your team a high level of personal presentation in line with company dress code, as well as good personal hygiene and grooming standards.
• Implement review process in line with company policy in order to optimise your work force skill set and develop succession plans.
• Provide coaching and directive to ensure your team deliver world class customer service. Lead by example.
• Empower your team to make effective decisions, ensuring that customer issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Cascade company and store announcements in an engaging and relative manor.
• Build positive working relationships with external departments; develop regular contact with buying and merchandising, ensuring your stock levels are accurate and in line with customer profile.
• Understand and execute company policies and procedures.
• Delivery of all monthly stock control requirements to deadline.
• Optimisation of work force to support store profitability.• Liable for the wellbeing of the staff and ensure that health and safety policies are adhered to.
• Ensuring the security of the store through correct opening and closing of the premises.
• Develop and maintain existing and new external partnerships in conjunction with press and marketing.KPIs
• Store Sales Vs Budget
• Individual Sales Team Actual Vs Budget
• Store Data Capture Result
• Store Average Transaction Value (ATV)
• Store Units per Transaction (UPT)
• Stock Loss Results In Line with Company Policy
• Stock Accuracy delivery
• HR metrics, retention, turnover and absence
• Ideally to have previous store manager experience, preferably in the luxury industry.
• Have a comprehensive understanding of commercial tools and KPI measurements.
• Ability to be flexible in working schedules.• Ability to implement people management techniques, as well as being proficient in training and coaching.
• An understanding of Retail business and competitors within the Market.
• Ability to plan and organise multiple tasks, taking into consideration long term and immediate jobs.
• Ability to delegate as well as utilise the skills, strengths and weaknesses within your work force.
• To have a basic understanding of Tailoring, Made To Measure & Bespoke services or ability to learn it, and train others.
• Capable of working under own initiative.
• Proficient in English and numeracy.