Plum and Charcoal Grid-Check Casual Shirt
- We always deliver your orders using a courier delivery service so any deliveries will not be affected by any Royal Mail action
- We offer global delivery to a list of approved countries. For deliveries to any countries not presented as options at the checkout, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)20 7434 2001 and we will endeavour to complete your order.
- All UK and EU orders will be delivered within 3-5 working days. International orders will be delivered within 7-10 working days.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your order via email and keep you updated of your order’s progress.
- Any customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel. Gieves & Hawkes have no control over these charges and are unable to advise on what the cost would be, as customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country. We advise our customers to contact their local customs office for current charges before placing an order so that they are are not , so you are not surprised by charges you were not expecting.
If you have a question about any aspect of your order or our website, please contact our Customer Services department where one of our team will be happy to help:
Phone: +44 (0) 207 434 2001*
Email: Please email Customer Services
*Calls will be answered between 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday, outside these times please leave a message.
|Delivery Time||Cost per delivery address|
|Standard Delivery UK||3-5 working days||£7.50|
|Standard Delivery EU||3-5 working days||£25|
|Standard Delivery US||7-10 working days||£30|
|Standard Delivery Rest of the World||7-10 working days||£40|
All purchases are subject to our comprehensive returns policy. If you are unhappy with your purchase simply email Gieves & Hawkes Customer Services department for details on how to return your order.
Phone: +44 (0) 207 434 2001*
Email: Please email Customer Services
Click & Collect
We offer a Click-and-Collect service at the Gieves & Hawkes Stores listed below:
- 1 Savile Row, London, W1S 3JR
- 20 Old Bond Street, Bath, BA1 1BP
- 1-3 St Michael’s Row, Chester, CH1 1EL
- Unit 32-33, The Metquarter, 34 Whitechapel, Liverpool, L1 6DA
- Unit 46 The Mailbox Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RE
- 1-2 The Square, Winchester, SO23 9ES
Delivery time for Click-and-Collect orders is 1-3 Working Days. You will be notified by email as soon as your parcel has arrived in store and once delivered, we will hold the package for you for a period of two weeks. After this period you will be notified by email and the order will be refunded automatically. If you do wish to collect your order, please contact the store you are collection from immediately.
If you wish to return or exchange your Click-and-Collect order you may do so by returning the package to the store from which you collected it, or by sending it to our warehouse: Gieves & Hawkes | Unit K1, Abbey Farm Commercial Park, Southwell Road | Horsham St Faith | NR10 3JU
NB: Click-and-Collect orders returned direct to the warehouse must be mailed at the customers’ expense and shipping costs will not be refunded.
Full price orders must be returned within 30 days and sale or outlet orders within 15 days. Any returns outside of this period may be accepted at our discretion.
For any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tailoring - Jackets
Measure yourself wearing your most comfortable shirt around the fullest part of your chest, just under your armpits.
Choose the size of suit which matches this closest, e.g. 40” or 42” - the garments have been engineered with the correct amount of ease around the chest when worn.
|BACK LENGTH - SHORT||75.2||76.2||77.2||78.2||79.2||80.2|
|SLEEVE LENGTH - SHORT||86.7||88||89.3||90.6||91.9||93.2|
To get the correct fitting length, please measure from the nape of your neck to the hem of the jacket.
To get the correct fitting sleeve length, measure from the centre back neck, over the shoulder to the cuff hem.
Tailoring - Trousers
Size charts for Tailoring featured in our Collections:
Measure around your true waist and choose the trouser which matches closest e.g. 34" or 36" - the garments have been engineered with the correct amount of ease around the waist when worn.
Measure around the fullest part of your hips and check against the size chart, if your hips or ‘seat’ is larger than the chart, go up a size and then have the waist adjusted accordingly.
Leg length – all our trousers have unfinished bottoms to ensure they can be altered to the perfect length for you. You can bring the trousers into your nearest Gieves & Hawkes store for alteration or take them to your local tailor. Once the garments have been altered, we will be unable to accept them as returned items.
A single or double pleat trouser will offer more room around the thigh area than a flat front trouser.
Tailoring - Waistcoats
It is usual to purchase the waistcoat which corresponds to your jacket size, e.g. 40R or 42R.
Please follow how to measure guide of the jackets.
|FULL LENGTH - SHORT||71.26||72.8||74.34||75.88||77.42||78.96|
|CENTRE BACK LENGTH - SHORT||58.4||59||59.6||60.2||60.8||61.4|
The easiest way to find your footwear size is to stand on a piece of paper and ask someone to draw round both of your feet. Step off the paper and measure the distance between the line at the back of your heel and the tip of your big toe. Add 1cm or 3/8 of an inch to allow for movement.
Almost everyone has one foot larger than the other - ensure both feet are comfortable by choosing shoes that fit your larger foot. Use our conversion chart to find your footwear size. All of our footwear is sold in UK sizes:
|UK||Length in cm||Length in inches||US/Canada||China||Europe||Japan|
Finding your footwear size tips
- Measure your feet in the socks that you usually wear, thick socks can add make your feet seem up to half a size larger.
- Measure your feet in the afternoon or early evening when you have been walking around and they are at a comfortable body temperature. Your feet are smaller early in the morning and when they’re cold.
- All of our shoes are sold in a standard F-width fitting. If you require a wider width please order a half size larger.
Measure yourself wearing your most comfortable shirt or garment you wish to wear under your knitwear.
|Detailed measurements (cm)||S||M||L||XL||XXL|
|FRONT LENGTH (from highest shoulder point)||65||67||69||71||73|
|CHEST WIDTH 2.5CM DOWN AT ARMHOLE||50||52||55||58||61|
|ACROSS SHOULDER - POINT TO POINT||33||34||35.5||37||38.5|
|SLEEVE AT WIDEST||17||18||19.5||21||22.5|
Measure around your chest on the fullest part, just under your armpits and match against the size chart.
To get the correct fitting sleeve length, measure a piece of your favourite knitwear on the under sleeve seam.
Polo rugby shirts
|Detailed measurements (cm)||XS||S||M||L||XL||XXL|
|CENTRE BACK LENGTH||69||71||73||75||77||77|
|CHEST 2.5CM BELOW ARMHOLE||51||53||55||58||63||68|
|WAIST WIDTH (43cm down from highest shoulder point)||49||51||53||56||61||66|
|BICEP (At armhole/90 degree angle to outside sleeve)||18.25||19.25||20.25||21.75||23.75||25.75|
|UNDERARM (Seam to cuff end)||5.5||6.5||7.5||8.5||9.5||10.5|
|NECK CIRCUMFERENCE (Button to Buttonhole)||42.5||44.5||46.5||49.5||54.5||59.5|
Measure your favourite jersey shirt across the chest at the under arm seam and compare it with the size chart.
Measure your favourite jersey shirt at the waist position and compare with the size chart.
If your waist size is small against the chart, go up a size in the chest.
|Shirt size - Detailed measurements (cm)||14.5"||15"||15½"||16"||16½"||17"||17½"||18"|
|BACK LENGTH (at centre)||80||81||82||83||84||85||86||87|
|CHEST (2.5cm below armhole)||101||106||111||116||121||126||131||136|
|SLEEVE LENGTH (From centre-back of neck to cuff)||86||87||88||89||90||91||92||93|
|NECK CIRCUMFERENCE (Button to Buttonhole)||37.25||38.5||39.75||41||42.25||43.5||44.75||46|
Measure this first because your neck size will be the same whichever shirt fit you choose.
Run a tape measure around your neck but keep two fingers underneath the tape to allow for easy breathing.
Find your favourite fitting shirt and then measure the chest from seam to seam, 2.5cm below where the arm meets the body. Waist Measure your middle just above your hip bones (your natural waist), not where your trousers sit.
We think you’ll definitely need help for this one: Ask someone to measure from the centre of your neck at the back, across your shoulder and down your slightly bent arm, to where you want the cuff hem to sit.
COATS & OUTERWEAR
Measure yourself around the fullest part of your chest wearing what you will most likely wear under your chosen outerwear garment - shirt, jacket or a jumper.
Then choose the size of coat or jacket which matches these measurements the closest, e.g. 40” or 42”- our garments have been engineered with the correct amount of ease around the chest when worn.
Lengths are standard, but can be altered in some cases.
Size charts for casual trousers featured in our Collections: