- data regarding navigation may be collected by our web servers or by cookies when you are browsing the Site;
- data regarding your identity, such as name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number may be collected when you send an email to us through the Site (if you choose to do so), for instance via the ‘Contact’ page or where you submit an order for goods via the site;
- data regarding your identity may be collected by the Site on registration for online ordering (e.g,. contact information and credit card and billing information); and
- data regarding your identity, or other supporting information that you provide to us (e.g., information about your interest in or use of our products and services).
PLEASE DO NOT SEND EMAILS OR REGISTER ON THE SITE IF YOU DO NOT WANT THAT INFORMATION TO BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE WAYS DESCRIBED BY THIS NOTICE. BY PROVIDING US WITH INFORMATION ON THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA AS DESCRIBED IN THE POLICY.
Personal data relating to Internet users viewing the Site may be collected through the Site on each of the following occasions:
Upon collection the personal data will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide goods and services, including after sales services to you, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
Non-Personally identifiable anonymous data may be collected whilst visiting the Site. This anonymous data includes information such as a web visitor’s IP address, web pages which have been viewed by a web visitor, date and time, domain type, and responses by a web visitor to an advertisement delivered by us or a third party advertising technology vendor. We, and/or a third party advertising technology vendor, may use different types of technologies to collect this type of information, including cookies and pixels. These cookie-based technologies allow us and our advertisers to better target advertising and content to user interests, and provide other benefits for example, to limit any person seeing a given advertisement too many times. If you want to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising that uses anonymous browser cookies, please contact us by email, post or phone.
A cookie is a tiny element of data that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you access a website. The Site makes use of the following types of cookie technology:
- A “Session cookie”, which contains a random ID number automatically allocated to your computer by the webserver for the duration of your visit. It is meant to make your use of the Site faster and easier. It will be deactivated after a period of inactivity on the Site and will be automatically removed from your computer when you close your browser.
- A “Script generated cookie” is automatically allocated to your computer when you register to access any restricted areas of the Site and on each subsequent visit. It only contains an identifier which will enable the Site to identify you as a registered user so that you do not have to identify yourself again while you move from one server to another during your visit. It will remain on your computer after your visit until you remove it. It will be placed again at your next visit.
If you don’t want us to place cookies on your computer at all, you can set your browser to disable or reject cookies. This will mean that no websites will be able to place cookies on your computer. You can do this by adjusting the preferences within your browser. This may mean, however, that you will not be able to enjoy full use of all parts of the Site.
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete the cookies at any time. This will not prevent websites from placing further cookies on your computer but if you delete cookies in advance of making a purchase during a visit to the Site, you will be unable to proceed with your purchase.
To find out exactly how to disable/ remove cookies, please go to About Cookies www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
- DATA COLLECTED BY WEB SERVERS AND COOKIES
The web servers that serve the Site collect the IP address of users who visit the Site, their Site navigation information (page requested, time of request, browser type and server response) as well as the user name if the user has registered to any restricted areas of the site.
This information is regularly aggregated and de-identified so that the number of visits to the Site and its pages, the average time spent on the Site and the pages viewed, etc., can be measured and analysed to improve our product offerings and marketing approach and to improve the Site’s content and functionality. This information will not be used to create individual visitors’ profiles..
- DATA COLLECTED ON SENDING AN EMAIL TO THE OWNER
You may want to send an email to us through the Site, for instance via the ‘Contact’ pages. By doing so, you will provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your email address, telephone numbers, your name, and your query Except as otherwise requested by you, we will use the information you provide when sending us emails for purposes of responding to your message, handling your query or analysing your feedback and/or suggestions and for improving the Site.
- DATA COLLECTED THROUGH SUBMISSION OF EMAIL REGISTRATION
If you indicate on the Site that you are interested in receiving news or information from Gieves & Hawkes or information about products from related companies and parties, your personal data may be used for direct marketing purposes. Except as expressly stated in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and in our Terms and Conditions we will not send you email messages, and your details will not be shared with any third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission. You may opt-out of receiving this information at any time by notifying Gieves & Hawkes by clicking the unsubscribe link in any e-mail you have received from us.
In order to purchase goods via the Site, you are required to provide the personal information set out in the Order Form.
This information, as well as your password, is processed by us for the purpose of processing your Order Form, delivery of Goods to you and otherwise performing our obligations to you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. If you do not wish to register, but would still like product or service information, all you need to do is to call or email us using the details found on the Contactuspage.
If you indicate on the Site that you are interested in receiving news or information from Gieves & Hawkes or information about products from related companies and parties, your personal data may be used for direct marketing purposes. Except as expressly stated in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and in our Terms and Conditions we will not send you email messages, and your details will not be shared with any third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
You may opt-out of receiving this information at any time by notifying Gieves & Hawkes by clicking the unsubscribe link in any e-mail you have received from us.
Data collected by web servers and cookies are not disclosed to any third parties. Data collected through the Site may also be shared with others from time to time in the following cases as needed to perform the data processing purposes described in this Policy:
- at your request, on your order or subject to your prior agreement, to recipients specified by you;
- to authorised third parties in compliance with our statutory or regulatory obligations including when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site.
- whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability; to protect or defend our rights or property; or protect the safety, rights, or property of our users;
- to recipients who are operators acting on our behalf in their capacity as agent, authorised proxy, sub-contractor, postal authorities and delivery companies, service provider or in any other capacity, including suppliers in charge of hosting or maintaining the site; and
- in case of a change of control or acquisition or the whole or part of the assets or business of Gieves & Hawkes International Limited, the data collected through this site will be transferred to the acquiring entity.