Gieves & Hawkes are always looking to add passionate, talented individuals to our team and we value expertise that allows us to offer customers a unique experience.
Whether you are an expert in your chosen field or are looking to embark on a career in luxury fashion, we provide outstanding training, an excellent working environment and the opportunity to reach for your goals.
If you are interested in any of the vacancies listed below or want to work for Gieves & Hawkes, please email our HR Department with a covering letter and your CV. Full job descriptions are available on request.
Assistant Manager, Ready to Wear
No.1 Savile Row, London
Overview of role: The Assistant Manager's key function is to optimise the potential of the RTW department through exceptional team performance, commercial floor layout and VM standards. Supporting the Store Manager in the delivery of outstanding customer care and service throughout the whole business to achieve annual retail sales budget.
- Support the store to achieve company financial targets through the achievement of the RTW sales and KPI budgets
- Protect the company's profit by selling stock accurately
- Support in maintaining a low stock loss result
- Support in driving successful store events to build a wider audience and understanding/respect for the brand, assist with store tours
- Ensure the shop floor layout is always commercially-led with exceptional standards and presentation
- Monitor missed sales and opportunities weekly and flag these in weekly trade report
- Impact on buying decisions and stock package/stock movement through collating impactful data and feedback and sharing this on a weekly basis through the trade report and the trade meeting
- Ensure RTW team greet and engage with every customer and that hospitality and tours of the store are freely available and offered
- Manage and resolve RTW customer issues/complaints within 24 hours, establish the detail and resolve or escalate/seek further advice where necessary
- Identify training needs within the RTW team, ensure these needs are addressed within the weekly training programme and support in the delivery of the necessary training/mentoring
- Support Store Manager to drive and optimise the Client Relationship Management (CRM) programme to develop loyalty and repeat business
- Ensure excellent brand product knowledge, providing accurate information of the features and benefits to the customer and team
- Maintain a high level of personal presentation in line with the company dress code, as well as good personal hygiene and grooming standards
- Adapt service style for each individual customer, always lead by example
- Ensure the team deliver a seamless alterations service, from the fitting through to the collection, check that store procedures are completed accurately and flag any customer issues or re-alterations required - organise additional training where necessary
- Confirm that each team member is completing the alteration dockets correctly and that they are managing their clients' alterations daily
- Oversee team deployment, lunches/breaks, maximise opportunities at quiet and peak times, ensure the shop floor standards are maintained throughout the day and that the recovery of the store is completed at end of each day before the team leave
- Carry out daily floor walks to ensure visual excellence and compliance with H&S / Company procedures
- Ensure that accurate daily replenishment is completed in a timely manner and that all items are steamed, tagged and ready for the sales floor
- Assist with till/banking operations – morning and night and escalate any till issues immediately
- Complete weekly audit reports
- Carry out weekly/monthly reviews with team members - assess current performance and initiate any further support/training required.
- Support Store Manager to deliver a weekly training programme, enlisting external and internal speakers as well as ensuring a weekly health and safety training takes place.
- Adhere to company review processes and support the store manager in the development of store talent.
- Identify opportunities and concerns within team and discuss with Store Manager.
- Ensure all staff are well presented and portray the appropriate company image incorporating the brand values.
Please email your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for us to firstname.lastname@example.org