Who we are
If you access the Website, and/or place an order for goods, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing and/or ordering any goods from the Website.
You should save a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference and if you have any questions about the Website please contact Customer Services.
The following definitions are used in these terms:
Customer, you : You, the customer accessing and/or using the Website.
Website : www.gievesandhawkes.com
Seller, us, we : Gieves & Hawkes Retail Limited. Company Number 11689077. Registered office, Unit A, Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY
Website operator : Gieves & Hawkes Retail Limited. Company Number 11689077. Registered office, Unit A, Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY
Customer service : Contact us
Placing an order
ADD TO BAG: Select the product(s) you want to buy from the Website (including the size, colour (where applicable) and the quantity (the default will be one (1) unit and there is a limit of ninety nine (99) units per item. To order quantities greater than 99 units per item, please contact Customer Services who will be able to assist you with your order). Click 'Add to Bag'.
CHECKOUT: Once you have added all of the products you wish to order, click on the ‘My Bag’ icon in the top right hand corner. Review the contents of your bag and make sure all specifications meet your requirements then, click "Continue Securely".
ACCOUNT/GUEST: Enter your email address. If you already have an account, you will be asked to enter your password to log in, or you can choose to continue as a guest without logging in. If you do not have an account, you will be given the opportunity to register for an account or to continue as a guest.
DELIVERY: Select your preferred delivery method. Not all delivery options are available for all products.
PAYMENT: Select your preferred payment type on our secure payment page. Your payment will be collected from you by, or on behalf of, the Seller (depending which payment option you choose). You should also enter any gift card/vouchers/promo codes on this page. On receipt of your order, an authorisation will be created on your account which will refer to the Website brand. This will show on your bank statement as a reservation of funds which allocates the money to your order but will not be taken until your order has been picked and processed. In the event that your order cannot be fulfilled, a request will be sent to your bank to cancel the authorisation. If the authorisation still remains after several days, please contact your bank to request that they act upon the cancellation of the payment.
ORDER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Following submission of your order you will be sent an automated order acknowledgement to the email address used to place the order. An order acknowledgement does not mean that your order has been accepted. All orders are subject to availability of the products and formal acceptance by the Seller (which is in the order confirmation).
ORDER CONFIRMATION: When your order has been picked, packed and is ready for delivery, you will receive an email confirming that the Seller has accepted your order. This is when a contract for you to purchase the goods from the Seller is formed. The contract to sell goods to you only relates to those goods listed in the confirmation email. By placing an order through the Website, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract.
Limitation of liability
- The Seller shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the goods and any proven losses that you suffer as a result of the Seller 's failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
- The Seller will not be liable for the following types of loss:
- loss of income or revenue; or
- waste of management or office time.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude or limit the Seller 's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by the Seller's negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal for the Seller to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
- Whilst the Seller adopts industry standard protections against computer viruses, it is not able to warrant that this website is free from computer viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer program.
Events outside our control
- The Seller will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of any of its obligations to you that is caused by events outside the Seller 's reasonable control (a "Force Majeure Event"). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond the Seller 's reasonable control and includes (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, pandemic or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; or
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- In the event of a Force Majeure Event, the Seller 's performance is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and the Seller will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. The Seller will use its reasonable endeavours to: bring the Force Majeure Event to a close; find a solution by which its obligations to you may reasonably be performed despite the Force Majeure Event; or provide a refund for any products/services that cannot be delivered due to a Force Majeure Event.
- In response to government guidance and local lockdown rules, the Seller reserves the right to vary its in-store returns and exchanges policy where Customer access to changing rooms may be prohibited or otherwise limited. Please see in-store for details.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications the Seller sends to you should be in writing. By accessing the Website, you accept that communication with the Seller will be primarily electronic through e-mail or notices posted on the Website. For contractual purposes, by accessing the Website you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that the Seller provides to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise specified the intellectual property rights in the contents of all the pages in this website, are owned or licensed to the Seller (or a member of its group of companies), or are used with permission from the owner. The contents of this website may not be copied, reproduced, modified, downloaded or used in any form without our prior written permission.
Physical activities can be hazardous. The selection and use of suitable equipment requires skill, and you should ensure you are appropriately equipped and trained. In the interests of your safety and the safety of others, you should also ensure that you are properly trained in the techniques you will need to employ in pursuit of your chosen activity. The Seller recommends that you seek and take the advice of a suitably qualified person before purchasing your equipment. Once purchased, the equipment should only be used in accordance with the manufacturers' instructions and should likewise be inspected before use and properly maintained.
- The Waste and Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is UK law.
- The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
- The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
- Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
- Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
- Distributors of Electrical Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
- We are obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product.
- For example, if a customer bought a new stopwatch/pedometer from us we would accept their stopwatch/pedometer and prevent it going into landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
- Under the WEEE regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
- Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from the normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
Our right to vary these terms and conditions
- The Seller reserves the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions that are in force at the time that you order goods from the Seller unless:
- any change to these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority, in which case the changes may apply to orders previously placed by you; or
- the Seller notifies you of any changes to these terms and conditions before it accepts your order, in which case the Seller has the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions unless you notify the Seller to the contrary within seven (7) working days of receipt by you of the goods.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law.
- The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes (whether contractual or non-contractual) arising in relation to, out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
We take Customer feedback very seriously and aim to deal with complaints as quickly and effectively as possible.
To raise an issue or to make a complaint relating to orders placed through the Website, please contact Customer Services. To assist us in dealing with your complaint, please detail all aspects of the complaint, including your order number and your preferred contact details.
To help us to prevent fraud, We may require documentation to verify a Customer’s details or may require a landline telephone number. Card Fraud is illegal, and perpetrators will be prosecuted.
The following documentation may be required to complete our due diligence checks –
Personal identification - Photo ID - (Passport, Driving Licence or Birth Certificate)
Front and back of all cards used on the account (Please remember to block out the middle 6 digits on the front of the card, and the 3 digit CVS on the back)
Failure to comply with the verification checks will result in the order being cancelled
We reserve the right to cancel any order we do not believe to be genuine
If we identify a transaction as being potentially fraudulent we may ask our courier to return the goods to our warehouse, we may cancel your order even though you will have received the Order